June 24, 2013

A Weekend at Grandma Clawson's House

I had a marvelous weekend in May, up in Twin Falls, Idaho, with my little sister, her two delightful daughters, my mom, and Grandma Clawson making more memories in a house already chock-full of them. All us girls, 4 generations, made six for dinner, and we loved sitting around the familiar table together, talking and gabbing, and quizzing the girls on shapes and colors, and who's daughter was who's. Those girls got a lot of love that weekend, a lot of exploring done, and a lot of cake.

Playing on Grandmama's bed before bedtime makes Grandmama more ready for bed than ever.
When you're pooped, pull out the video camera. Zuki and now Malaika never will get bored of watching themselves acting silly.


Le gasp! What is that chiming, and what does it mean!?  The clock chimed (somewhat) faithfully every hour, proclaiming the time, and always it was pure magic!
Good excuse for counting practice.

Rocks and sticks! The fascination continues into Zuki's sixth year of life.
Meanwhile Malaika discovers grass. And yes, it was I that spoiled them with sunglasses for the trip. I'm a doting aunt. It was a fruitful initial stop at Wal-Mart for sunglasses, treats, and final poops.

 Grandmama and two fantastic granddaughters.


All the girls together!! I count even though I'm behind the camera, wot? If I weren't, I'd miss tender moments like these:
Mother and Daughter

Mo joined us a day later and did his best to fit in with all the girl stuff that was going on. Quilt talk, sewing-machine talk, crochet talk, embroidery talk, princess talk, barbie dresses talk... getting old talk... which I joined right in with.


This is a blessed, happy, wonderful little family. I am rich to have them close to me- it's a 40 minute drive from my house in Orem to theirs in Taylorsville. Usually. Except when there is construction. Which is all the time. "But who cares!?" Natalie calls me to come over and a minute later I'm in the car, man.

Grandma and the little house so full of memories.
Crocheting a lovely little blessing gown- those fingers can fly!

Grandma said that all those who come to visit must pull five weeds before they go. We got at least one flower bed quite cleaned out.


Well... they did, anyway. I'm behind the camera again... it's a job all in itself.

No comments: